· Homeowners Insurance: Prior to closing, please provide us with your choice of homeowners insurance and your insurance agent's name and telephone phone number.
· Certified Funds: The Texas Department of Insurance requires certified funds at closing. Your closing cost must be in the form of a cashier's check, certified check or wired funds. Make the checks payable to your Title Company. Please, no cash. Your Escrow Officer or Realtor will contact you prior to closing with the amount of your closing cost. Title Companies will accept a personal check for amounts less than $1,500.
· Wired Funds: If you wish to wire your closing cost from your account directly to the Title's escrow account, please inform us prior to closing so that we may assist you in making the arrangements.
· Identification: Don't forget to bring your Driver's License or other form of official picture ID to closing.
· Reviewing the Documents: If you wish to examine your loan documents prior to closing, please request that the mortgage company provide the documents to the title company at least one day prior to closing so that we can process the closing documents and provide you with copies for your review in a timely manner.
Avoiding Common Closing Delays:
· Don't forget to bring the termite certificate to closing.
· All bills for inspections, repairs, or other items to be paid at closing must be provided to the Title Company prior to closing.
· If you will not be present at closing to sign documents and you intend to use a Power Of Attorney, you must provide the original Power Of Attorney to your Escrow Officer prior to closing for approval and recording of the document. (The lender will also need to approve the Power Of Attorney). On the day of closing, we will need a contact number in order to reach you to verify that you are alive and well and have not revoked the Power Of Attorney.
· If you are unable to attend the closing and will sign the papers by express mail, please provide your Title Company with the forwarding address including zip code. Also provide the Title Company with a contact number in case we need to reach you. You will need to sign the papers in front of a notary. The Title Company will provide you with a return express mail packet. Please send the closing papers back to us the same day you receive them, after they have been signed and notarized.